Where Am I? -> EUROlinkCAT
Direct link to this page: http://www.EUROlinkCAT.eu/eurolinkcat/objectives
- To establish a European network of standardised datasets containing information on the mortality, health, educational achievements and needs of children with congenital anomalies born from 1995-2014 up until 10 years of age.
- To expand the knowledge on the survival, health, disease determinants and clinical course of children according to their specific anomaly.
- To investigate socio-economic health inequalities.
- To attempt to provide an e-platform for public and professional engagement in setting and disseminating relevant research priorities and their outcomes, focusing on four specific anomalies:
- Children with surgery for CHD
- Spina Bifida
- Cleft lip
- Down syndrome
- To evaluate the costs of hospitalisation during the first five years of life for children with a congenital anomaly.
- To expand the knowledge on the educational achievements and needs of children with specific congenital anomalies.
- To evaluate the accuracy of existing electronic healthcare databases and make recommendations on their use and on improving their accuracy.
- To engage with the relevant international/national/regional health authorities by establishing an Action Advisory Panel to ensure that relevant findings are implemented and translated into health policy.
- To enable the established infrastructure and methodology for this unique research platform to be available for local research and future European wide analyses beyond the end of the project.